There is nothing wrong with wanting to look hot in a bikini.However, the benefits of leading an active lifestyle go beyond physical appearance.
As little as 30 min of physical activity three to five days a week will add years to your life, not to mention a long list of health benefits. For instance, exercise elevates your level of immunoglobulins, which are proteins that boost your immune system and help avoid infection. After a workout, mood-enhancing chemicals like serotonin and dopamine flood your brain for a couple of hours making your feel happy and relaxed.
Regardless of what you fitness goals may be, doing a combination of Strength and Endurance training will always give you the best results. While high intensity cardio will help you loose fat, weight training will tone your body and increase your lean muscle.
Here are some of my favorite ways to stay fit:
- PILATES PLUS: or “Pilates on Fire”, is a fusion of pilates and weight training. It utilizes the best of both worlds: The strengthening and toning benefits of weight training and the postural enhancing and lengthening benefits of pilates. http://pilatespluslosangeles.com
- SOULCYCLE: Indoor cycling with rocking music, a fat burning cardio work-out that last 45 min. https://www.soul-cycle.com
- High Intensity Interval Training ( HIIT) : To maximize fat loss I like to sprint as fast as I can for 1 minute and rest for 30 second to 1min. I like to do this for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Weight Training: Don’t be afraid to lift heavy, women don’t make enough testosterone to get bulky muscles quickly. The only side effect to lifting heavy is a toned body. Here is a link to a great arm exercise routine. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/arms-workout-for-women-a-girls-guide-to-guns.html
- Yoga: It helps improve flexibility, strength, balance and endurance.
In order to maintain an active lifestyle is very important to find a sport or class that you actually enjoy, otherwise you will become bored or uninspired and eventually quit. Always have fun no matter what you do.
Check out our line of tops and accessories made specifically for girls who love being active. http://www.lizzymarino.com/athletic.html